The key concern of Tobacco Control is always to provide a forum for research, analysis, commentary, and debate on policies, programmes, and methods which can be prone to further the objectives of the comprehensive tobacco control policy. In documents submitted for review the introduction should suggest why the research reported or problems discussed are very important when it comes to controlling tobacco use, additionally the discussion area ought to include an analysis of the way the research reported plays a role in tobacco control objectives.
Papers firmly anchored to a strategic policy and programme context are more inclined to be accepted for publication. Due to the fact log seeks to achieve a worldwide readership, writers should think about whether their intended submissions target problems or themes, which are apt to be of great interest to scientists employed in other countries. Extremely parochial problems, that have few classes for tobacco control policy outside a paper’s local context, are unlikely to be provided with high concern. The manuscripts editors will generally speaking perhaps perhaps not offer priority that is high:
- Studies of cigarette smoking prevalence as well as its correlates. These are most suitable to journals that are national. Few individuals residing outside a national nation have an interest in whether that nation has 30% or 35% of smokers.
- Knowledge, attitudes, behaviour (KAB) studies of specific populace teams or health professionals. Once again, they are better suited to national journals or even to health speciality that is professional. Few individuals in other nations are usually thinking about (for instance) whether nurses in a hospital that is regional thinking about helping patients quit. Nationwide studies, and people taking such studies into initial areas are of more interest.
- Reports that evoke unanimous “so what?” responses from the editors. They are documents with findings that appear to hold no importance that is obvious changing policy or training in tobacco control. They often times show methodological finery, but take us anywhere don’t crucial or interesting.
- Advice pieces where in fact the viewpoints are unoriginal, badly argued, naive or neglect for crucial issues that are ethical favor of sloganeering.
- Papers that show the writers have not opened Tobacco Control and never comprehend its main concentrate on tobacco control as opposed to on tobacco as well as its use and wellness effects. We have been enthusiastic about such documents, but as long as their writers address the implications of these findings for tobacco control.
- Papers with glaringly apparent, deadly problems that are methodological.
- Documents on topics that need very technical or discipline-specific language unlikely to be grasped by the most of visitors.
- Documents that are replications of currently well-established findings or provide little information that is new.
- Regional studies where in actuality the implications for the journal’s audience that is international not clear.
- Reports written for governments or neighborhood wellness authorities that some body thought might be provided a fast make-over and presented as a log paper.
Tobacco Control adheres to your greatest requirements concerning its editorial policies on book ethics, clinical misconduct, consent and peer review criteria. To see all BMJ Journal policies please make reference to the BMJ Author Hub policies web web page.
Articles are posted under a unique licence or non-exclusive licence for British Crown workers or where BMJ has agreed CC BY is applicable. The terms are as stated in accordance with our licence terms for US Federal Government officers or employees acting as part of their official duties. Writers or their employers retain copyright. Start access articles may be reused underneath the regards to the relevant innovative Commons licence to facilitate reuse of this content; please relate to the Tobacco Control Author Licence when it comes to applicable Creative Commons licences”.
Tobacco industry funded work
Tobacco Control will maybe not give consideration to for book documents work that is reporting, in entire or in component, with a tobacco business or tobacco industry company. Nor will the consider that is journal by writers whom accept tobacco industry financing, including capital for research expenses, for several or element of any author’s income, or any other kinds of individual remuneration. For more info, please look at this editorial providing the thinking behind the journal’s policy. Failure to declare competing passions at distribution, or whenever articles is commissioned, can lead to immediate rejection associated with paper. If your contending interest comes to light after publication, Tobacco Control will issue an official modification to or retraction regarding the entire paper, as appropriate.
Material previously published online
Tobacco Control is prepared to think about documents based wholly or perhaps in component on product previously posted on line. Nevertheless writers should think about an editorial about this topic: Prior book on the internet: new journal policy. The editor keeps the customary directly to make modifications however you like if essential to shorten, aided by the approval associated with the author(s), product accepted essay helper for publication. Any written or illustrative product that happens to be published somewhere else needs to be duly recognized and followed by the written consent for the copyright owner (this might be the publisher as opposed to the writer).
Under unique circumstances in which a paper’s findings have actually straight away policy that is relevant warranting urgent book, manuscripts could be fast tracked in front of the normal queue of documents. If you feel that you have actually good factors why that is real for the paper, please information these in a resume cover letter, describing the necessity of work for the field plus the explanation you’re feeling it’s of enough value to be managed urgently. This demand will not guarantee that the editors will concur, and just a couple of documents per year would be expedited with this foundation, nonetheless it might help the editors to judge the paper’s value when you look at the present context.
Formatting, terms and revised manuscripts
Documents on electric cigarettes should utilize the term ‘electronic cigarettes’ on very first usage, and after that the abbreviation ‘e-cigarettes’ may be utilized. Documents on other delivery that is nicotine may continue using the definition of ‘electronic smoking distribution systems’ accompanied by the abbreviation ‘ENDS’ after very very first usage.
Whenever uploading a revised manuscript, writers must also consist of a different manuscript file showcasing the tracked changes to exhibit the editors the huge difference from the version that is previous. The monitored modifications document should always be uploaded as a supplementary file.
Analysis reporting gu >
BMJ calls for conformity towards the following reporting directions. Please upload the appropriate finished list for your submission to your study type, and label it “Research checklist”. If no appropriate list can be acquired for your research kind, this is often suggested regarding the distribution kind.
CONSORT statement – necessary for all randomised managed studies
PRISMA statement – necessary for all systematic reviews
EVEREST statement – Required for many financial evaluations
STARD statement – Required for many diagnostic research papers
STROBE statement – necessary for all observational studies
SQUIRE statement – Required for many quality enhancement studies
Guidance and types can be found from EQUATOR.
We video that is welcome to come with accepted research articles. These enable authors to actually talk through their work beyond the limitations of a formal article to improve the user’s understanding. Note that people will maybe not request you to start thinking about publishing a video clip abstract until your paper happens to be accepted. Please do not attempt to upload a video clip abstract upon initial distribution of one’s manuscript.
There are numerous tutorials online which could guide the creation of a video clip abstract, using commonly and frequently software that is freely available. Windows film Maker and Apple iMovie would be the many typical examples. Types of video clip abstracts can be found from The BMJ. Listed here are a few tips for making a video clip abstract. Writers might also wish to ask their institution’s press/media workplace for help.
- Movie abstracts must not last for a longer time than 4 moments.
- The information and concentrate associated with the movie must connect straight to the research that is accepted for book, and really should perhaps maybe not stray beyond the information. We suggest which you stick to the exact same framework because the paper itself in other words. briefly outline the background/context associated with the research, provide your quest goal, outline the strategy utilized, provide the important thing outcomes and then talk about the implications for the results.
- The presentation and content associated with the video clip must be in a mode plus in terms that’ll be understandable and available to a basic audience that is medical. The language that is main be English, but we welcome subtitles an additional language. Please avoid jargon that’ll not be acquainted to an extensive medical audience, and never utilize abbreviations.
- Writers frequently talk straight into the digital camera and/or provide a slideshow, but we enable the utilization of other appropriate artistic and sound material (such as for instance animations, videos, nevertheless photographs, figures, infographics). Should you want to utilize material from formerly posted work or off their sources, please receive the appropriate permissions through the publisher that is relevant copyright owner.
Всего просмотров: 111, за сегодня: 1